Careers at King & Oliason
King & Oliason specializes in highly complex tax consulting and compliance work. Due to consistent growth, we are interested in receiving resumes from CPAs with public accounting experience.
In addition to permanent tax accountant positions, we also hire tax professionals for temporary seasonal positions.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to join our growing tax consulting and compliance business in the positions of Tax Manager, Tax Supervisor and Tax Senior.
Tax Manager responsibilities include: perform initial or secondary review of federal and state tax returns of individuals, businesses, trusts, and foundations, and other federal, state, and local tax filings; manage relationships with clients and business associates; provide tax planning and tax research; supervise and provide work direction and technical guidance to Tax Associates; assist Partners and Principals manage and develop quality control practices.
Tax Manager position requirements include:
- Licensed CPA
- 7+ years of experience in the field of tax planning and compliance, with substantial experience in public accounting work
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting including the application of general accounting theory and demonstrated accounting skills
Tax Supervisor and Tax Senior responsibilities include: preparation of highly complex tax returns, including individual, trust, non-profit and corporate returns; technical research; and high level special project work. Depending on experience, responsibilities may also include review of tax returns.
Tax Supervisor and Tax Senior requirements include:
- Licensed CPA or actively pursuing certificate (partial passing of exam – required for Supervisor position)
- Minimum of 3 years public accounting experience in tax planning and compliance
ALL qualified candidates have the following skills and experience:
- BA/BS in Accounting
- Experience with complex tax and accounting issues
- Strong organizational, computational, and analytical skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Strong research skills
- Excellent human relations and communications (oral and written) skills
- Fluent in English, including both oral and written communications
- Proficiency in multiple software applications, including QuickBooks and Microsoft Office suite
We are committed to providing our talented and dedicated staff with an environment that supports work-life balance, including flexible work schedules and individually tailored career paths. Outside of our major tax deadlines, many employees work part-time or compress their work week.
Collaboration and professional growth are key components of our firm. Our entire team works together to provide excellent service to our clients. This promotes continual learning opportunities for staff as they expand their technical knowledge and develop strong relationships with firm owners, clients and associated professionals.
We offer highly competitive compensation and benefits, including employer paid medical, dental, long-term disability and life insurance for the employee; a 401(k) plan with employer matching contributions; payment of continuing education courses, professional licensing and membership in professional organizations.
Please submit your resume, references and a cover letter (include a brief description of your specific tax experience) to firstname.lastname@example.org.